Why you should join Robert Walters California
I am going to be honest with you; it is not all about lunches and happy hours.
Recruiting takes a certain skill set to be successful. It’s an industry that is entirely what you make of it. While it requires excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic and thick skin, it’s rewarding, both professionally and financially.
If you need further convincing, consider these reasons:
- It’s rewarding. We help people find work or grow their businesses. That in itself is personally satisfying. But it’s more than that; you can make great money if you’re ready to hustle.
- It’s competitive. Recruiting is not a “show up late, leave early” kind of job. You must be ready to bring your A game every day.
- You meet a lot of great people. If you consider yourself a people person, then you’re going to enjoy recruitment. Especially in the San Francisco Bay Area where there is so much innovation, disruption, and progress.
- Opportunities for growth. The sky is the limit. At Robert Walters, you will have opportunities to learn, grow and work internationally. Over 90% of our senior management joined Robert Walters as a consultant and we have offices in 28 countries. Find out more about the exciting global career you could have at Robert Walters by checking out our global career page.
- Make friends! Culture is so important to us. We want everyone to feel welcome, enjoy working hard and have fun! Visit our Twitter page to see photos from our recent company events.
Are you convinced yet?
If so, get in touch to learn about opportunities with Robert Walters.
Liz Boston, Talent Acquisition Manager
+1 415 549 2035
You just might love it as much as we do!
What's it really like? Hear from #RealRecruiters in our California offices:
Over a year and a half ago, April Littlejohn joined the San Francisco office of Robert Walters as a recruitment consultant on the product management team. Hear about April’s experience working in San Francisco, and her journey to management at Robert Walters.
What kinds of backgrounds do #RealRecruiters in the San Francisco office come from? Josh Longnecker has a background in sales, selling furniture and copiers. After working for a staffing agency that filled contract positions, Josh transitioned into recruiting for permanent roles at Robert Walters. Hear about his career journey, his thoughts on the Robert Walter’s office culture, and his reasoning for joining our team.
Robert Walters Los Angeles is helping build out the finance, accounting, and operations teams in the burgeoning tech scene of Southern California. Hear about how Stephanie Pal has helped launch Robert Walter's 3rd U.S. office in partnership with Frederic Tehard, and about her experiences as a Senior Recruitment Consultant.
Jocelyne Liu heard about Robert Walters through a mutual friend via Instagram. Following her role as a manager at Target, Jocelyn discovered that she already had many of the skills that would propel her success as a Recruitment Consultant at Robert Walters. Learn about Jocelyn's career growth, and what her typical day looks like in the following article.
In our #RealRecruiters series, we examine the career trajectories of real recruiters in the Robert Walters San Francisco office. Matt Van Winkle, Senior Recruitment Consultant, started out as a fundraiser at both the University of Redlands and Stanford, when he discovered that his skills would lend themselves well to recruitment. Hear his story below.